Case Management and Evaluation

Each Sentinel is assigned a case manager who stays connected with them for the duration of their time in the program. During each biannual review the Sentinels self-report their current academic status, identify both personal and professional goals, and share an updated budget. As they work to achieve those goals, their assigned case manager may provide resources and introduce them to mentors and peers in their chosen career fields who can provide guidance and professional development opportunities throughout their educational journey.

Typically, Sentinels may need assistance with managing debt, creating a family budget, and establishing an emergency saving fund. To assist in these goals all Sentinels are encouraged to sign up for free access to the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University. They are also given the opportunity to work with pro bono Financial Planner volunteers who are available to meet with program participants to address these specific challenges and work towards financial stability.


Case managers also provide Sentinels with opportunities to participate in webinars focused on various workshop topics. These are recorded and available for replay through our partnership with Udemy. Previous workshop topics have included LinkedIn training, estate planning, resume writing, how to win grants and fellowships, and financial resources. Thanks to a generous in-kind donation, all Sentinels receive access to Udemy for Business, a leading education site that provides high-quality on-demand online courses and a personalized learning path to prepare for taking certification tests in human resources, project management, IT and more.

When a Sentinel is ready, they may be invited to join in the pilot Career Coaching Program. Through this program a career coach will assist in providing career transition assistance, resume reviews, job interview preparation, and informational interviews. Sentinels are encouraged to use their network and SOF’s network to secure a meaningful career following their educational journey.


In contrast to the national statistics regarding college retention among veteran students, Sentinels have achieved a 97% graduation rate, or the other way around, only 3% dropout rate.

The success of the Bridge for Education program is due, in part, to the contributions of collaborating organizations including Amazon, American Corporate Partners (ACP), Code of Support, Columbia Veterans Tech Institute, Ramsey Solutions (Dave Ramsey), National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC), Wounded Warrior Project, and Work for Warriors.